One of the things that has bothered us here at NNEP about our industry for a very long time is how poorly we present our products to our customers and in our business locations. It seems like embroidery and apparel decoration professionals give little to no thought or effort to making their products look appealing, in their retail locations and in meetings with potential customers. We need to develop our merchandising and display skills! To bring attention to this, we are hosting the NNEP's first annual Creative Display Contest.
NNEP wants to raise awareness and elevate the display and merchandising game in this industry to help apparel decoration professionals become more skilled at visually presenting their products and services WELL. We are an industry that is ALL about helping our customers put their best foot forward, about helping them look pulled together, helping them look good. It's time to take a bit of our own advice, and put our best into presenting our businesses and our products to our customers and our communities.
The NNEP's 2019 Creative Display Contest categories are:
- Retail Business Display
- Online Business Display
- Craft Show/Table Top/Event Display
- Window Display
- Sales Kit/Sales Presentation Display
NNEP is accepting contest sponsors and prize sponsors at this time. Sponsors will be included in all the printed and digital materials promoting this contest as well as receive mentions online.
If you would be interested in sponsoring the contest or sponsoring a prize for the contest, please let us know immediately by submitting this form: NNEP's Creative Display Contest Sponsorship & Prize InformationWe are excited to begin promoting this contest at the Embroidery Marts this summer and to share creative display solutions with the industry!
- HoopMaster by Midwest Products
FYI: One of the prizes is the 5.5” Mighty Hoop Starter Kit, valued at $541.00!!!
Look around your business - from the perspective of your customers... How does it look? If you love how it looks, consider entering a photo in the NNEP's 2019 Creative Display Contest!
Please Note: You do NOT have to attend Embroidery Mart or be a member of NNEP to participate in this contest!
If you are a member of NNEP, log in on the Members Only page.
If you are not a member of NNEP, sign in to enter or vote in this contest here:
If you have already registered, log in here:
NNEP's Creative Display Contest Rules:
BASIC SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPHS
- The contests are open for online submissions only, through the contest page available on nnep.com/contests.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline passes.
- Photos submitted must be at least 640 pixels on the shorter side, and no more than 2000 pixels on the longer side. Images should be no larger than 2MB. Photos must be in JPEG format.
- You may submit as many entries per contest as you wish unless specifically mentioned otherwise in the contest-specific rules. However, you will be able to upload only one image at a time using the website's upload function.
- You are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted.
- The same photo can be submitted for more than one contest. Photos that have won previous awards, including NNEP's prior contests, may be submitted again unless otherwise mentioned in the contest-specific rules.
- All submitted photos must contain the original EXIF metadata information. However, there must be no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- Basic editing, including color enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
- Every image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible on the contest page. NNEP reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at NNEP's discretion.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of NNEP are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- A participant who submits any such photos may be permanently banned, subject to NNEP’s discretion, from participating in any future contests.
- NNEP will appoint judges for each contest. This will comprise of members of the NNEP staff and / or external judges.
- The judging panel shall assess and determine the winning entries. The results and the winners will be announced on the website.
- The decision of NNEP’s judging panel will be final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
- NNEP reserves the right to call for original JPEG or RAW files with unchanged EXIF for the purpose of authentication. An image may be disregarded if this information cannot be provided.
- Prizes (if any) will be shipped for free within the United States. Winners from outside the US may provide a US address to ship the prizes. Alternately, they will have to bear the shipping expense to their respective countries.
- Any state/ provincial/ territorial, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic and including income tax) on any prize that may be awarded to You under the Contest will be solely paid by You.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Submitted photos must be original, created and/or taken by the contestant. It must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- NNEP respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant NNEP, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educational use.
- The Photographer will be credited wherever the image is used.
- You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge NNEP and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the contest or the conduct of the contest and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against NNEP in association with the contest or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the contest even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of NNEP, in whole or in part, due to human error or otherwise. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless NNEP from any claim arising out of your participation in the contest including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the contest.
- Under no circumstance will NNEP be liable for any:
- lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions
- error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s);
- problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photos and/or the Submissions; and/or
- injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Contest.
- If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of NNEP, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, NNEP reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photos submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. NNEP reserves the right to correct any typographical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.