I thought there was some excellent points in this article, Are You Making It Hard For Customers To Buy From You? by Fast Company.
They sum up their thoughts about how businesses are falling short like this:
Folks, if your company isn’t already doing everything on the checklist below, then you just aren’t making it as easy as possible for customers, so quit whining because you really don’t deserve their loyalty.
And you know what? I agree them! While some of their points are more applicable to a larger company (with things like call centers), many of their points apply to every company, including YOURS, as a local business.
What are you doing to make it easy for your customers to buy from you? What CAN you do?
- Do you have a size scale available in your most popular garments?
- Do you have swatch cards for your most popular brands?
- Do you have a place for customers to sit and look through stock designs?
- Do you have a mirror and place for people to try things on?
- Do you have a sewout sample book on display, so that customers can see logos in print (letterhead or business card) and the embroidered version next to it?
Post your suggestions or questions below!